Step 3 (2 days) confession and repentance..
Confession of sin is stating the truth, acknowledgement of the unjust and hurtful actions of myself, toward other people. Confession is a charade unless it is matched with action. John Dawson
Confession is to openly acknowledge the truth e.g. the sins of which one has been guilty. In the Bible, confession of sin before God is recognised as a condition of forgiveness. Christ taught the necessity of confession of offences committed against other people. NIV Bible dictionary
Confess your sins and iniquities regarding abortion, those that God has revealed to you at this stage. Repent. Thank Him.
Even as I’m typing this, I’m listening to IHOP prayer room. They are singing through Ps 32:3-6. This isn’t one of the scriptures for the day, but it is relevant.
For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me; my vitality was turned into the drought of summer. Selah
I acknowledged my sin to You and my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, I will confess my transgressions to the Lord, and You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah
For this cause everyone who is godly shall pray to You in a time when You may be found; surely in a flood of great waters they shall not come near him.
Have you ever had the hand of the Lord on you? I have. And it concerned abortion. When I was 18-19 years old, I had an abortion. I was going to University, just changed to a new town and school in fact. It was spring 1974 and abortion was just legalised. I was involved in a play and the father of the baby was in another city and dating someone else. Poor University student; no money. We had broken up as friends, but we just went different ways.
He’s dead now. He died of liver cancer about the time we moved to New Zealand. I didn’t find out until 3 years later. I remember I was sitting in the airport at Wichita waiting for the plane to board to take me back to NZ. To pass the time, I thought I would call and see how Steve was doing. The receptionist at his work was a bit blunt... Steve Barr died 3 years ago. It kind of hit me like a blow in the chest. I must have sucked air b/c she quickly asked if I wanted to talk to another person. I said, no, thank you for your information and hung up. Even now writing that, it causes me to cry. But for different reasons than you might think. I wonder, did he make it to heaven? Did he confess Christ? A little late to ask. But God is faithful and true. His heart is that no one should be left out. Surely God would have tried much harder than me to get Steve to accept Christ. But it’s everyone’s free will and decision to do that. How God’s heart must grieve when we say no.
So years later, I’m in NZ and the Lord starts talking to me about this abortion. I have confessed and repented before this and have been forgiven for years. It wasn’t the sin that He was talking to me about, but the healing process. Part of the healing process is confession before others. It’s one thing to confess to the Lord - and it’s good and right to do so - but it’s no good to keep it buried below. It needs to come out. It needs to help others heal. It needs to be broken for the next generation. I knew I had to talk to my daughter about it and not let it get to another generation. Abortion became legal in my generation; it needs to become illegal in my daughter’s generation. It won’t be unless it comes out, healed and shared.
bound4life.com
Look there, the scriptures IS Ps 32 today!! haha, I didn’t see it until now.
Scripture: Ps 32:5; 1 John 1:8-10; Matt 5:24
What My Dad Would Think
-
In January of this year, I drove our van into the driveway, slipped it into
park, and burst into tears. They weren’t the silent tears that pool at the
corn...
6 years ago
1 comment:
Wow Esther, this is an incredible story. I'm a little speechless...
Post a Comment