Sunday, October 12, 2008

Day 3 of 40 day fast

12 Oct: A deeper honesty before God and each other is going to be necessary as we pray during these 40 days.
Honesty involves integrity and candour - that is freedom from prejudice or disguise.
Allow the Lord to search your heart.
Repent, then
“Put on the breastplate of integrity and of moral rectitude and right standing with God (Eph 6:14 AMP)
Righteousness. Integrity. Honesty.

Hey, here’s a question for you. Might be off the subject, but might not.

Is truth and not bearing false witness the same thing? If I have promised to not tell anyone something - maybe in protection of that person from danger - but then I’m asked directly about what I promised not to tell, and I do, was I compelled to tell the truth b/c of the commandment to not lie? Or have I born false witness b/c of a covenant I made with this other person? Have I told the truth or broken a promise?

How does this fit in with integrity, honesty, righteousness?

Discuss

Scripture for today: Ps 7:8; Ps 139:23-24

No comments: