A deeper humility before God and each other is another quality that is going to be necessary as we pray during these 40 days. Pray for humility. “True humility is agreement with the truth.” - Rick Joyner
True humility (the supreme virtue) is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking less about yourself - b/c the currency of your life is God, not self. Your desire is for God to be all in all, for His kingship to advance and His name to be sanctified. Humility is not human weakness, but divinely enabled strength, and submitted strength“ - Dwight Pryor
I read the book, Humility by Andrew Murray. It was quite eye opening. It can be a life changing book if you let it be; if you study what he is saying and meditate deeply on the principles of what he teaches. Jesus said, learn from Me, for I am meek and humble. Pray to learn from the One who knows humility the best. He became poor that we could become rich.
The scriptures for today are:
Numbers 12:3; Phil 2:7-8; Isaiah 66:2; James 4:10
I have been meditating on the scriptures and journaling what God is speaking through them every day. This is good stuff.
What My Dad Would Think
-
In January of this year, I drove our van into the driveway, slipped it into
park, and burst into tears. They weren’t the silent tears that pool at the
corn...
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment