Step 2 (2 days) Sins and iniquities
Sins are when we miss the mark or fall short of what God requires; we are then separated from God; He is holy, without sin.
Iniquities “are what we are by nature and human inheritance - along with transgressions and sins. Iniquities involve being bent in the direction of, or inclined toward evil, imbalance or even a weakness. When we struggle with certain inclinations and we give into them we are hooked. These inclinations are called iniquities. The iniquity keeps visiting, the evil consequences keep turning up, keep continuing. These will continue and carry on down the family line until a responsible family member stands in the gap and walls in accountability.” Alice Sare
I looked up iniquity on Google. David F Reagan wrote in a sermon: In summary, iniquity refers to that which is un-equal in our dealings with others. Whether with man or God. Initially the emphasis was between man and man, but we are also unequal with God. We do not return to Him as He has done to us.
I have defined sin as disobedience to God. Paul wrote, through one man’s disobedience sin came into this world. I had not really thought about iniquity as being really different from sin, but there seems to be a difference. I’m going to have to think about this one. It’s having God’s light shining all over it.
God, what are my iniquities? Reveal my heart that I may return to You. You know my sins; my every iniquity You know. Thank You that nothing is left out in Your knowledge, that I will be made holy in Your sight.
Scripture:
Study and pray Isaiah 59
What My Dad Would Think
-
In January of this year, I drove our van into the driveway, slipped it into
park, and burst into tears. They weren’t the silent tears that pool at the
corn...
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment