Step six: (4 days) In the Beginning
“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over he surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. and God said....” (Gen 1:1-3)
Wherever there is darkness and emptiness God is hovering ready to speak into being His creation. The womb is dark and empty until a new life begins. Then it becomes a sanctuary, like the Holy of Holies, a place of God’s ultimate creative miracle, and our opportunity to see His original handiwork in our time as it was in the beginning.
Consider again the wonder of creation, the power of God’s spoken word. Thank God for Jesus, The Word.
Scripture: Gen 1; John 1:1-10
I preached on Sunday about fasting and prayer. I didn’t speak much; I felt God wanted to do some inner healing that night and I didn’t need to be talking a whole lot. Most of the people that came forward were young. They hadn’t had abortions, but their friends had and they had felt the impact on their lives as well. Another woman had thought she was pregnant but wasn’t and just the short time of expecting a baby and then not expecting the baby had caused a deep hurt in her spirit. Barrenness can cause as great a hurt as losing a baby. It feels like you lose one every month and the toilet becomes the altar of mourning. I think this sermon affected a lot of people, men as well. People started opening up their lives with one another at the picnic dinner afterwards. (great time to talk about fasting, aye?)
What My Dad Would Think
-
In January of this year, I drove our van into the driveway, slipped it into
park, and burst into tears. They weren’t the silent tears that pool at the
corn...
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment