Saturday, October 25, 2008

Day 16 of 40 day fast

Sue continues with the picture of God’s heart...

“Each tear is a womb of the Father’s love and mercy, the heart of God being extended to women in turmoil because of a pregnancy. As a tear lands on, and covers, a woman, it is as soft and gentle as the flutter of a dove’s wing. Most brush this flutter away as a minor tickle on their skin, unaware of the Father’s concern, of His invitation to a partnership, a 3 strand rope, for this unborn. This grace, God’s hand extended but not grasped, results in another drop of blood.

(I wonder: is this judgement? What happens when His cupped hands are full? Psalm 76 comes to mind. Instead of looking up that psalm immediately - doubting whether I have heard correctly - I look up ‘judgment’ in the concordance ant the end of my Bible. Ps 76:7-12 is about judgment! After I had read that psalm my eyes fell on Ps 75 in the preceding column)

In the fullness of time when the cup is full, His hands will part at the centre and some of the accumulated blood will fall to the earth. ”

Spend time meditating on God’s heart. See www.whistlenz.org for more.

Scriptures for today:
Ps 76:7-12; Ps 75:7-8

No comments: