I'm back in Wichita, after driving from Jewel to Great Bend and back to Wichita. As I was driving back to Wichita I saw a nasty looking storm in front of me. I turned on the radio and the announcer said there was severe weather warnings for Rice and Stafford counties. I wondered which county I was in!! A couple of miles along, in driving rain that was really hard to see through, I saw a sign that I was in Rice county - right in the thick of this bad storm. Luckily, it didn't last long and I beat it to Wichita. I met the 'group' at a Mexican cafe and had dinner. I've got to quit eating so much!!
On the way home I could see the pre-4th of July fireworks going up in the sky. OOOOHHH AAAHHH, what pretty fireworks. A little bit down the way, some more pretty lights - OOOHH, AAAHHH, the fire trucks come screaming down the road.
Both part of the 4th of July.
Tonight we are going to yet some more fireworks in one of the suburbs that still allow big stuff to go off. The 4th of July wouldn't be the 4th without a BBQ and firecrackers! Oh, and hot weather.
What My Dad Would Think
-
In January of this year, I drove our van into the driveway, slipped it into
park, and burst into tears. They weren’t the silent tears that pool at the
corn...
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment