I travel around a lot when I come back to the US. But gas is cheap here.
Wed the 5th, I went to another customer in the Wichita area. Sadly, I couldn't do anything for her b/c her equipment was so old my data key wouldn't work on her system and she didn't have internet set up so I couldn't even email them to her computer. She still paid me. Go figure!
Then I headed down to my cuzn Louise. We used to call her Easy, but we don't do that anymore. Now her name is Lou. We had a lot of fun catching up. Surprised we got to bed at a decent time, but I had to go to OKC (Oklahoma City) the next day. The next morning she gave me detailed instructions on how to get out of Enid and go to OKC and specifically my customer's address. I have never driven in Enid or that route before, so I just followed her directions to the letter. Some places that I went seemed to be pretty weird, like around the AFB. But I kept to her directions and guess what? I got there easily, no problem, no worries. What a pleasure to drive when I could just relax and follow the road according to her directions.
Why do I find that so hard to do with God? He gives me specific direction in His word - all I have to do is follow it. It would be such a pleasure to relax and enjoy the ride when I just trust Him to know the way!
What My Dad Would Think
-
In January of this year, I drove our van into the driveway, slipped it into
park, and burst into tears. They weren’t the silent tears that pool at the
corn...
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment