Wednesday, June 28, 2006

just some thoughts..

I've been at a customer's for the last 2 days trying to work, but they don't work very long hours and Cindy mostly wants to take me to lunch and just talk. She invited some old friends in the industry to their house for lunch today. These are people that used to get together for Christmas lunch every year. So anytime I'm in Wichita, she invites these same people over and we have the same meal each time, tell some jokes, discuss the oil industry... second verse, same as the first.

Today Monty was talking about alternative fuel and energy and what he thinks is REALLY going on in the government and Iraq and the energy industy. This guy is a forerunner and doesn't even know it. I started picking his brains. He was almost quoting Revelation happenings. I had such a sense that what he was explaining was pretty important news. He wrote some stuff down for me so I could look it up and do some research. For some reason I thought, this is one of the reasons I came to the States, to hear this information.

Just a thought.

Then this evening I went to a movie, The Lake House, with Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves. The story line is that they are writing one another letters, but strangely, they are in a time warp and can't see one another, but their letters reach each other. So they try to make a date in her time (which is 2 years ahead of him) but he doesn't show up, so they figure out that he dies inbetween time. I won't give the ending away, but at the end, when they finally see one another, they embrace and kiss. As I was watching that, it occured to me that the first thing people do when desire is met, is to kiss. There's something about the mouth and kissing someone else's mouth that somehow satisfies, or fulfills desire. All the way through the movie they desired to see one another. They were frustrated to a point that all they could do is talk to one another through letters but couldn't see each other face to face. Actually, he was seeing her 2 years before she knows that he exists but she doesn't know who he is and he can't tell her who he is.

I don't want to make a theology about this movie, but it reminded me a lot of our relationship with God. He's the One who was, is and is to come. He sees us and knows what is happening, and communicates with us through His Word. His desire is for us and we desire Him, to see Him face to face. Song of Songs says this about the Shulamite woman's desire for the King when she sees him... let Him kiss me with the kisses of His mouth. The first thing we desire to do is connect and satisfy our desire with intimacy, with a kiss from our Beloved.

It was just an interesting thought.

No comments: