I’ve had 3 dreams that I can still remember so I want to put them to pen and paper...er, bits & bytes. Somehow that’s not as romantic a notion, but I won’t get sidetracked here on another subject.
I’ve had all 3 within the last 10 days, but not specific on the dates except this last one, which I had this morning (19 March 09)
1st dream:
This was a couple days after our home group met on the 9th. We had a great time on the 9th (this isn’t part of the dream, just explaining) where we are learning about the book of Revelation. I brought my keyboard and we were singing a few of the verses in free worship. One of our newest attendees plays violin and he is soooo good at it! I think his worship is his playing. Then later we had an amazing time of prayer.
So, on to the dream... I dreamed that we were gathered at home group and talking. Heather said, lets get on with it, I want to worship! Quit the talking! So she picked up a guitar and starts worship leading (she’s not musically inclined at all) and another woman, Wilma, starts dancing to the worship. As I looked at this picture of worship & praise, it was like I could see another picture put on top of that scene of a single olive with the stem still on. The olive was as large as the picture of these 2 worshipping and dancing. It was like a stamped image on top of the picture and the background had a photo effect of a screen on it that faded the background so the foreground had more focus to it. As I was wondering what that meant, Holy Spirit said, you are getting oil at this group and I was reminded of the parable of the 10 virgins; 5 were wise and got oil, 5 were foolish and didn’t get oil. I felt that He was saying, we are getting oil by what we are doing in this little group of people; worship, prayer and teaching on the book of Revelation. It was a real encouragement that this little group of people, weak and broken, not sure of what it all means, but going for it! was doing it right in the eyes of the Lord!
2nd dream:
Explanation: I often have dreams about IHOP (International House of Prayer, not pancakes!) and the people I know there. This one was more clear than others I’ve had. I believe they are more symbolic than about the people themselves.
Sam & I were at Randy Bohlender’s house. We were going to a conference soon, but Randy was talking to us first. I’m not sure what in specific he was saying, but it was intense and he wasn’t chatting with anyone else. A couple of times his kids came up to him to tell him something and he would introduce them to us. Each time they would look at us and their eyes would light up and recognise our names and be excited to meet us. I could tell they knew who we were. Zoe, who is 2, was about 6 or 7. Jackson was about his age now.
Then the scene changed to the kitchen. There were other people there eating breakfast before going to the conference. I remember having several things in my hands that I had brought just in case I needed them, but decided to leave them in a bowl. I thought, Kelsey will know what to do with these. This kitchen was huge and I kinda remember pancakes being served. Randy went over to another man and said, before we go, we have to dance! and he started people dancing in the kitchen. Then people started leaving for the conference. Terry came in about that time. He had a trench coat and a detective type hat on. He said, we have to leave now for the conference and went out the door. I was still trying to get things together (as you do) so I could leave the house. By the time I got outside, I could no longer see Terry and I started calling for him. I knew the way to the conference, so it wasn’t like I needed his guidance, but I couldn’t figure out where he was. About this time the dog came from behind and I thought, great, why did I bring the dog? But I kept going towards the conference and I thought I saw Terry up the path ahead. I was a bit anxious that I had lost him somewhere, but kept going on the path towards the conference. The path was in a park like setting and the city ahead was in a bit of a haze, but I knew the conference wasn’t far ahead.
I’m still working on the meaning of this one.
Dream #3:
I woke up with this one this morning...
Sam was doing her NCEA singing exams all at one time. We were in some auditorium and she’s on stage singing all these songs. She was the first one on the program and a lot of people were there to hear her sing. She was very animated when she sang and used a lot of drama techniques whilst singing. Terry was sitting beside me. It was as if Sam were singing directly to me the entire time. About to the last song, her music teacher walked up to her and apologised that she had to leave to hear others for their tests and couldn’t wait until the end of Sam’s songs. Sam acknowledged that but didn’t quit singing.
Ok, I got these written down. That was my task.
What My Dad Would Think
-
In January of this year, I drove our van into the driveway, slipped it into
park, and burst into tears. They weren’t the silent tears that pool at the
corn...
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment